Zeus 1.3 update now available FREE! to registered Zeus 1.2 Keyfile holders.
The Zeus 1.3 update has been released!
This is the second release in the Zeus Bulletin Board System
series from the new development team, which builds on the already
strong feature base on which we've worked.
For new users, Zeus costs £60 (UK Pounds) and can be obtained on
CD-ROM as described by the information at the end of this press
Existing users can upgrade from Zeus version 1.2 to 1.3 for free!
You must be running Zeus 1.2 before upgrading to 1.3, and the 1.2
upgrade is available at all Zeus distribution sites together with
the new 1.3.
An older Zeus demo is currently also available from our website
and AmiNet. A more current demo is being worked on.
Here is a brief list of the bigger changes we've made to Zeus for
- Fuzzy Logic AreaFix - A point sends an AreaFix to fix into an
area. But, they've spelt the name of the area wrong! Instead
of simply telling them that the area doesn't exist, Zeus will
also suggest some other area names it's found which are spelt
- New random number generators ensure greater security.
- Correct recognise and parse modem connect strings such as:
.. it will not report them as connecting at 57600, which is
incorrect - it will report 31200 instead.
- Zeus's FidoNet mailer now features better security,
performance, compatibility with older standards, and a new
`dialing list' window - all queued outgoing calls are shown
- Voyeur can be snapshotted in place without the need for
setting positions manually in the ToolTypes. The window is
also now resizable, and in general much more usable!
- Full keyboard control in list views - programs like the
FileEditor are now fully controllable without the need for a
mouse. Also improvements to the actual list view itself
makes selecting many items at once very easy.
- The superlative Internet gating system has been improved
beyond recognition! Well, that's a lie as it looks the same,
but just to give you a taster - imagine reading UseNet
newsgroups and mailing lists with the To: fields of the
messages correctly filled in. No more talking to "All", you
can integrate UseNet and e-mail into your BBS like never
before. Also featured, you can now (using the Mapper
utility) allow any user to have any name before the @ sign
for their e-mail address.
- Needless to say; all should work fine after both 1/1/2000
- Large additions to the manual, include several new chapters
- Some compatibility with AmiExpress doors though a new door
- Zeus keeps daily statistics on mail flowing through areas
which are imported with ZMP: the statistics can be viewed
flexibly using the new ZMPStat command.
- Full support throughout Zeus for the file sub-system's
MultiPaths - letting you treat many hard disks, even CD-ROMs
as if they were one directory.
- Receipt Request and Netmail Auditing are supported. Zeus
can, if the sender of the message asks for it, send back a
receipt on receiving a Netmail. Also, if Zeus receives a
message which is flagged for Auditing, it will tell the
sender of the message that that message passed your system
and also where Zeus is sending it!
- Similarly to the above, Zeus will detect and stop `loop
mails' - netmails which another system has sent back to your
system after they've already been sent.
- Zeus also now features a tool to 'tunnel' FidoNet-type
networks over E-Mail. What this means is that you can have
points linked in by e-mail, so they can be anywhere in the
- ARexx/WriteMsg finally has the NOEXE argument to stop Zeus
adding tagline, filters, whatever you might have configured.
- PostMsg now recognises area tag names. You can now post
messages into area "AMY_NEWFILES" and not area "430", for
- ARexx/FindMsgAreaTag provides a similar functionallity for
- The bug which displayed long kludges (mainly InterNet control
lines) even when they were switched off has been fixed.
- Control, when run under OS 3.0 or higher, will make the
screen colour pens sharable (so you can open Multiview on it,
for example) but also ensure all MagicWB pens will remain as
you set them so that don't have to worry about the background
- FidoNet netmail "Via" lines now follow the standards exactly.
- Control's Dock can change icon images without the need to
redraw the display (so the ZMailer icon system doesn't mess
up icon order).
- FileManager finally updates filenotes correctly!
- Fixed the condition where Control would not iconify if on the